MAHARASHTRA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
For Maharashtra State Government job aspirants, Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) State Service Exam (also known as MPSC Rajyaseva exam) is one of the best exams. It is conducted every year by MPSC to recruit officers into the different wings of the state administration departments under the Maharashtra State Government. The exams are conducted and overseen by the Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC). The Other Examinations are conducted by the MPSC Subordinate Services, Class C Services, Engineering Services, Agriculture Services, Judicial Services, etc. Candidates can check the MPSC State Service Exam Syllabus and Pattern.
MPSC Syllabus 2022 and Exam Pattern
Like all the other State Public Service Commission and UPSC, the MPSC state services exam is also conducted in three stages namely:
Candidates have to clear each stage in order to be eligible for the next stage, if candidates clear the prelims, they can give the mains, clearing which they would be summoned for the final stage i.e., interview of the MPSC Exam.
MPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
Before going to the syllabus directly candidates are advised to check the Exam Pattern of the MPSC Prelims Exam.
MPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern: This stage exam consists of two compulsory objective papers. Check the elaborated exam pattern and details of the MPSC prelims exam. Both papers are of 2 hours each.
- Marks of both papers will be considered for qualifying candidates for the mains exam.
- Both Paper I and Paper II have negative markings for all the incorrect answers.
- There will be no negative marking for unattended questions.
- There is a negative marking of 1/3 of the marks allocated to the question.
- The questions on decision making in Paper-II do not attract negative marks if incorrectly answered.
- MPSC Prelims is screening in nature.
- Candidates need to score minimum marks as decided by the commission to qualify for the mains exam.
- All the questions are set in English and Marathi except for those questions which are meant to test the candidate’s knowledge of English.